Error scanning SharePoint Online - An error occurred while reading element data: The 'username' argument is invalid.

Hi there,

I'm trying to configure ARM (v.2020.2.5.4920) to scan Sharepoint Online sites. The server is scanning other o365 elements without any problem (Azure AD, Teams, OneDrive), but when I try and connect to a SharePoint resource and run the job, it fails after 10 seconds with the following error message - "An error occurred while reading element data: The 'username' argument is invalid."

If I expand the SharePoint elements property, I receive the error message "Unable to find any entry points".

I've read the admin guide and double-checked all the permissions/ service accounts required, and I'm struggling to see why this is failing. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

• Hi Rob,

if you feel comfortable sharing the armServer.log I can have a look at it. If you don´t I´d recommend opening a support ticket.

I assume you are not using the application ID for the scan (because you mentioned AzureAD etc., those use a different connection mechanism)?

Regards

Paul