This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM DFS

Hi we Are Using DFS with a Cetral Share and the ABE of these Share dont work corectly, we have ARM configured correctly. In the first level i must build a read group to the share that the users are see the share, in second level the List rigths from ARM are corectly. We would like that users only see the folders that they have the access rigths for. Have you any ideas for us to configure DFS and ARM to work correctly with the List rigths of the DFS.

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi msizec,

this switch enables ARM to manage the list rights (with dedicated group) also for the share level.

Why don't we switch it on by default?

To ensure a correct functionality the FS ARM service account needs also file write access to the share level. This is in most cases inacceptable or not considered by customer. To reduce the trouble we decided to switch it off by default.

How does it affect DFS?

For a DFS this switch is not applicable and would produce weird errors during GroupWizard execution. In any case the DFS list group management should start with the DFS folders with target (the share!) or better one level below. ARM does not automatically tread the DFS namespace hierarchy other than a directory hierarchy and would potentially run in trouble during list rights creation.

Regards

Norbert

• Thumbsup

for a minute I thought it would be the answer to my previous question : https://thwack.solarwinds.com/product-forums/access-rights-manager-arm/f/forum/91253/avoid-group-list-creation

We use DFS, and recently added a new subfolder to an existing dfs name
    in Arm, the new subfolder isn't available in configuration > changes > fileserver, so I can't tell arm not to create list group.