This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ARM DFS

Hi we Are Using DFS with a Cetral Share and the ABE of these Share dont work corectly, we have ARM configured correctly. In the first level i must build a read group to the share that the users are see the share, in second level the List rigths from ARM are corectly. We would like that users only see the folders that they have the access rigths for. Have you any ideas for us to configure DFS and ARM to work correctly with the List rigths of the DFS.

Thanks

Parents
  • ABE has nothing to do with ARM. That's Windows. To configure DFS with ARM is fairly easy. Just setup a Windows Share put the correct share permissions on it, set the NTFS permissions to a user/group so ARM can set permissions. ABE has to be enable on share level. Of course you have to add the share to the DFS.

• ABE has nothing to do with ARM. That's Windows. To configure DFS with ARM is fairly easy. Just setup a Windows Share put the correct share permissions on it, set the NTFS permissions to a user/group so ARM can set permissions. ABE has to be enable on share level. Of course you have to add the share to the DFS.

Children
  • Thanks for the answer, I am aware that ARM and DFS are two worlds. I was also more concerned with how to correctly configure DFS and ARM in order to be able to correctly map the list rights on the share. I configured the DFS according to Microsoft Best Practice and also configured the ARM according to the instructions, everything works very well so far. But unfortunately the users still see folders on the first level that they shouldn't see, I'm just looking for a way to prevent the users from seeing these folders with the ARM automatisms.