This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Connecting ARM to teams, sharepoint & 1drive

Morning,

Im 4 days into a trial of ARM running on prem, Its scanning server shares & local AD fine and looking good

Issue is with connecting to teams, SharePoint & overdrive for business

Ive ran through the https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/ARM/Content/prepare-office-365-integration.htm

TEAMS - I cant connect at all >

adding teams, following this > documentation.solarwinds.com/.../add-Teams-scans.htm
I have setup my azure app permissions so i have my application ID and client secret.
But where do i find the "system" in the example "3" its 8man-demo.com. Ive tried teams.microsoft.com , mydomain.onmicrosoft.com where do i find the online domain for teams?

onedrive for business, i went with companyname-mysharepoint.com
Sharepoint inline I went with companyname.sharepoint.com

Onedrive & Sharepoint appear graan (see picture below ( however im not getting any data)

Is there any logging I can look at pls?

• Hi Emeralduk,

for Onedrive, Teams and AzureAD you can identify the correct "system" value like this:

1. go to portal.azure.com and log in with an administrative account
    2. click on the 3bar menu in the top left corner
    3. click on "Azure Active Directory"

The value you see under "Primary Domain" is the value you need to put into the "system" field

The resources you have configured so far are monitoring modules, they only collect event data from the target systems and do not give you any scan data (for that you have to actually configure the scan module).

When configuring the scans for AzureAD, OneDrive and Teams the tool will show you the available resources once you have provided valid credentials in the resource selection dialog. 

For Sharepoint Online the tool currently still uses a user account and not an application Id. To add a sharepoint online scan you will have manually put in the site URL in the resource selection dialog, for example https://company.sharepoint.com/testSite. The "system" to use in the credentials dialog is company.sharepoint.com for this example.

Log files can be found in

%programdata%/protected-networks.com/8MAN/log

or

%programdata%/solarwinds/ARM/log

the ARMserver.log will basically contain output from all sources and then there are specific log files for other areas. The most relevant for your case besides the server log could be the pnjob.log which has info about the last job execution, as well as the log files marked with pntracer, those contain information about the monitoring modules in case you want to investigate those.

Regards

Paul