This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

[Tool]ARM Template Generator V2 - Updated 22/11/21

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the availability of the second version of the ARM Template Generator Tool.

The documentation is now included in the download package.

What´s new?

- Interface redesign

- Darkmode

- Support for User Template Import

- Option for creating a User Template based on an existing Account

- Support for Group Template Creation & Import

- Support for Open Template Creation & Import

- Help links now open in Browser and have been updated

- Tooltips and watermarks throughout the tool

- GUI for building creation rules

- Added selection of premade validation rules

- Added REGEX cheat sheet

- Multiple values are now configurable for Exchange Database and Policy fields

- Script parameter fields make autocomplete suggestions based on configured properties

- Added out of order navigation

Since i can only test so much on my own I would ask everyone using the Import feature to keep backups of the original template files or just not save over them, at least for now.

If you have any issues or see wonky behaviour please let me know, preferably with a detailed description of the expected and actual behaviour.

The old version will stay available under the old link for now.

Changelog 21/06/19:

- fixed an issue while importing templates with completely missing modules section

- fixed an issue with loading and writing the first parameter of the regexpr method

- fixed an issue with dragging list items into the builder UI when their index in the list is higher than the highest index that is displayed by default

Changelog 26/07/19:

- made sure the import function respects the order of AD Attributes (should have been the case before, if you see anything to the contrary let me know)

- added buttons for re-ordering AD Attributes

- fixed issue with the import and export function reading/writing the "IsScriptEnabledDefault" property in the scriptoptions as "IsScriptEnabledByDefault" (note that when you import a template with the faulty property name the value will have to be reconfigured manually)

Changelog 23/08/19:

- fixed a crash after editing lookuptables

- added minimum length field to password options - changed default value from 12 to 8

Changelog 25/03/21:

- added a check to ensure uniqueness of lookuptable names

Changelog 09/04/21:

-fixed crash when editing MultiValueTextField

-fixed issue with creationrules not automatically saving when using out of order navigation

-added newline variable token in creationrule builder (linebreaks in imported templates are parsed to type hardcoded text instead of the token)

Changelog 22/11/21:

-fixed nullpointer exception

-changed input validation on domain field to allow fqdns with digits in the tld

Download Link:

http://bit.ly/ARMtemplateV2

VirusTotal:

*note: the 1 detection is most likely a false positive, apart from an added catch clause and a change to a regex nothing changed from the last release (which had 0 detections)

Virus Total (new) / VirusTotal (Old)

Here´s a glimpse of the new interface:

pastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_4.pngpastedImage_5.pngpastedImage_6.pngpastedImage_8.png

Parents
  • Hi Paul,

I keep getting this error popup whenever I try modifying any of the AD Properties. Any idea why?  I don't think I have multiple properties with the same name as this is the only one I've modified.

pastedImage_1.png

Also - Is there some secret to saving new templates in the C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\data\templates folder?  It seems like 90% of the time when I drop a new template in that folder it doesnt get detected by ARM even after I restart the Windows service.

pastedImage_0.png

• Hi Eric,

thanks for your feedback, I have updated the download link with a version that should fix the problem with the duplicate name. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the templates folder ARM should automatically (without service restart and immediately) try to parse new templates. Do you see any information in the Health Check (lower right corner of fat client or config client) regarding the import?

Regards

Paul

• Hi Eric,

thanks for your feedback, I have updated the download link with a version that should fix the problem with the duplicate name. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the templates folder ARM should automatically (without service restart and immediately) try to parse new templates. Do you see any information in the Health Check (lower right corner of fat client or config client) regarding the import?

Regards

Paul

Children
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for the tip.  There was a problem with the way one of the values was formatted.  I fixed this which resolved my problem.  The new version of the wizard is working better now and im not getting the error.  However when i hit "Save" the window doesnt close automatically and doesnt register that the change has been made unless i click 'Next' in the wizard and then go back.  Not a huge issue but just something to be aware of.  Thanks for the quick response on this.

• Hi Eric,

thanks again, normally after saving the window should close and the table should be updated. I just found one case where this does not work as intended and fixed it. Can you try if the problem still occurs for you? If so please send me a screenshot of the property definition.

Regards

Paul