This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bulk update user with different attributes using CSV file

Hi Everyone,

i'm new in solarwinds. is it possible to update several users with different attributes at once by importing CSV files?

Parents
  • Hi,

there's not a direct and easy way.

You could only use the Web API (REST) to do this and would need to write a script to do so.

If you actually have a proper CSV I would probably use a PowerShell script to directly change it. Way easier and probably can be found with Google.

Cheers

Björn

• Hi Björn,

Thanks for the advice. I hope this will become a new feature in ARM. Using a web API (REST) ​​may be good, but users will find it difficult to maintain if used as the main tools(scripts) for routine activities.

as well as Powershell, I think we agree, it will be easy to find in the google 

thanks

Regards,

BM

• Hi Björn,

Thanks for the advice. I hope this will become a new feature in ARM. Using a web API (REST) ​​may be good, but users will find it difficult to maintain if used as the main tools(scripts) for routine activities.

as well as Powershell, I think we agree, it will be easy to find in the google 

thanks

Regards,

BM

Children
  • In most companies it's not common that a lot of attributes for several employees change at the same time.

It's good to finally fill the attributes (lots of companies don't work with them) or if your company is large enough that a bulk-import is the easiest solution.

If the values are the same, you might want to check out Analyze in the Web UI. It allows editing multiple users at once, as long as the values are the same.

You said routine activity. Why are so many attributes for so many people change so often?

• Hi   

Sorry, I haven't replied to this in a very long time.

yes, indeed this is a special case that happened in our company. related to the frequent changes in attributes that occur, this is because the business model and teamwork are somewhat unique compared to other companies. such as changing several roles and work areas for at least a span of 3 months.

Regards,

BM