This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing e-mail notifications

Hey everybody... I'm about to customize the text of the GrantMA e-mail notifications. 

One thing I couldn't figure out is where I can change the subject of the e-mails.. Any suggestions? 

The other thing: I'd like to let the Grantee know who is responsible for his order. I tried to add different values to the "neworder"xslt (e.g. <xsl:value-of select="Approver"/> or <xsl:value-of select="ApproverName"/>, </p>) but none of them worked out. What would be the right attribute? 

Thanks for any help!

Parents
  • Hi,

all text of ARM can be found here:

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\ARM\res\strings

You don't have to edit those files!

Copy the needed file to

C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\res\strings

and shorten it by everything you don't need. This will partially replace your text. It must still follow the correct syntax.
    Example:

<root>
    <data name="PleaseComment" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>I modified this so a text I defined will be shown.</value>
    </data>
    </root>

After you edited everything you want, you need to restart the ARM Service. Then your text should be displayed.

And if I remember correctly you won't get the approver in the mail since ARM does only saves what you configured for the workflow, e.g. "Data Owners of the requested organization category", and then look it up when needed.

• Hi,

all text of ARM can be found here:

C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\ARM\res\strings

You don't have to edit those files!

Copy the needed file to

C:\ProgramData\protected-networks.com\8MAN\res\strings

and shorten it by everything you don't need. This will partially replace your text. It must still follow the correct syntax.
    Example:

<root>
    <data name="PleaseComment" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>I modified this so a text I defined will be shown.</value>
    </data>
    </root>

After you edited everything you want, you need to restart the ARM Service. Then your text should be displayed.

And if I remember correctly you won't get the approver in the mail since ARM does only saves what you configured for the workflow, e.g. "Data Owners of the requested organization category", and then look it up when needed.

Children
No Data