These instructions didn't work.
This article provides steps to create a report that lists installed software on each Node.
SAM version 6 or later
Note: This article assumes that the Asset Inventory option has already been enabled within each Node's List Resources feature.
1. Log in to the Orion Web interface.
2. Click Settings > Manage Reports.
3. Click Create New Report.
4. Select Custom Table, and then click Select and Continue.
5. Set I want to report on to Node and add any conditions to isolate report down to specific Nodes.
6. Give the Selection Name a unique name. For example, All Workstations.
7. Click Add to Layout.
8. Click Add column.
9. Scroll down in the left-hand pane and click Software Inventory.
10. Select all columns and click Add Column.
11. Click the green + to add another column.
12. Select Node Name and click Add Column.
13. Set the Group results by to Node Name - Node.
14. Click Submit.
15. Proceed through the remainder of the Add Report wizard giving the report a name and such.
Once this is complete, you should now have a report that provides software inventory for each Node.
can you elaborate on what didn't work specifically? screenshots or ideas of how the report didn't meet your expectations would be helpful.
on the surface, those steps look pretty accurate, so identifying exactly what went wrong would be a good start.