Once you have added a node to your database navigate to the following:
You will have to configure your device to point to the Solarwinds Server and also enable syslog (types of messages) to send to your SW Server.
Network Tab > Look for a box called something like "All Nodes managed by NPM" > Click on manage nodes.
Select a node and click on Edit Properites.
From there you should be able to manage your SNMP Credentials for traps.
Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. Would like to have had a little more info and maybe a screen shot.
There is lots for free training available you can check the below pages.
NPM Video Zone
- Thwack Videos
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor Overview
- NPM Video Training Playlist
- Introduction to NPM
- Bandwidth Monitoring with SolarWinds Bandwidth Analyzer Pack
- Odd Couples - SolarWinds Lab #33
- Network Troubleshooting Bundle - See It, Find It, Fix It
- Network Troubleshooting Bundle: How To Create Your View
- Capacity Utilization and Planning in SolarWinds NPM
- Introduction to Orion Alerting Engine
- How to Create Wireless Heat Maps in SolarWinds NPM
- Automate Network Discovery and Mapping with SolarWinds NTM
- NPM - Orion Views, Resources and Tabs
- NPM - Orion User Accounts
- NPM - Node Management
- NPM - Custom Properties and Account Limitations
- NPM - Orion Groups and Dependencies
- NPM - Managing Alerts in Orion
- NPM - Managing Syslogs and Traps in Orion
- NPM - Managing Reports in Orion
NETWORK PERFORMANCE MONITOR (NPM)
SERVER & APPLICATION MONITOR (SAM)
NETWORK CONFIGURATION MANAGER (NCM)
FIREWALL SECURITY MANAGER (FSM)
NETFLOW TRAFFIC ANALYZER (NTA)
WEB PERFORMANCE MONITOR (WPM)
IP ADDRESS MANAGER (IPAM)
VOIP & NETWORK QUALITY MANAGER (VNQM)
USER DEVICE TRACKER (UDT)