I see that support has responded to your case. Did running the check disk and subsequent reboot resolve the issue?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
They did but it didn't. Here's what happened (or at least what I think happened). The virtualization team was trying to roll out of the OVA and then make some changes to the disk to match their default Linux builds in Edit Settings. I did a screen-share with them and we walked through it together and it seemed to work. We resized the data disk to 900GB (yeah, our environment is *that* big) and even did a virtual hardware upgrade but everything worked.
As an FYI -- we did all of the changes (default resource allocation increases including +RAM, +vDisk, +vCPU) and changed the OS from RHEL to CentOS before we powered on the machine for the first time. No issues this time around.
Maybe the OVA is just scared of me?
Support responded with these instructions. (Sorry, you'll have to contact support to get the root password as it is not distributed in the forums). As per my response above, this didn't work for us because our virtualization team made some additional edits to the VM post deployment (we suspect) that caused disk issues. Deleting and re-deploying the OVA worked fine.
Thank you for contacting Solarwinds Technical support, my name is Kevin I'll be handling your case.
Okay at that prompt you need to give it the root password which is this:
CALL SUPPORT FOR PASSWORD
After that it will take you to another prompt where you need to type this:
It will run through it's check disk and when it's finished reboot the appliance.
I'm glad you got it figured out!! Thanks for posting your fix.