Tired of SolarWinds email? So are we.
If you think you can write a better email, here’s your chance to prove it.
Enter now and you could win an iPad and have your email blasted back to yourself (plus another 500,000 soon to be former friends). Here are the guidelines.
- First, give us the subject line. This is what gets people to open the email. Limit it to 60 characters or less.
- Then, we need a header. This is what gets people to read your email. Make it catchy, compelling and relevant to the rest of the email.
- Next, we need eye candy, the creative. Keep it clean kids. You describe the concept and we’ll make the design.
- Then, give us the copy. A simple summary, several sentences, or bullets. You choose. Blah, blah, blah doesn’t count.
- Lastly, what’s the call to action? What do you want the reader to do? Make sure it’s something on the SolarWinds site.
We may even send the winning email out to our SolarWinds community and even give you credit (if you want it).
How Do I Enter?
Just send us an email with your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gory Details...
Official Rules for the SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC Email Contest
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
- Contest Summary: SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC is holding a contest of original written works (the “Contest”). Winners will be selected from the submissions, which best demonstrate their success stories, tales of triumph, or vignettes of victory with any SolarWinds product. Winners will be selected by a panel of SolarWinds’ judges, and a prize will be awarded to the winner of the Contest.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old and (a) receive an invitation from Sponsor to prepare and submit an entry to the Content or (b) become aware of the Contest from a general public notification by Sponsor on a SolarWinds website, thwack®, Facebook®, or Twitter® to prepare and submit an entry to the Contest. Employees of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of an employee, are not eligible to enter.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, 3711 South MoPac Expressway, Building Two, Austin, TX 78746. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook.
- Entry Guidelines: Entries should be 500 words or less and should include a subject line, header, body text, and graphic content along with a description of the proposed graphic (“Content”). Entrants must submit his/her entry to Sponsor via email to email@example.com during the Entry Period. Entries must be submitted between May 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM CST and June 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM CST.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. You will not be eligible to win prize if you are not fulfill all requirements set forth herein, if you are not eligible to participate in the Contest, or if you are disqualified.
- Entrant’s Representations and Warranties: By entering this Contest, Entrant represents and warrants: Entrant has read the Contest Official Rules and is providing all information related to this Content to Sponsor, not Facebook or Twitter. Entrant has secured all necessary rights and permissions for Entrant’s submission, including any and all licenses, releases, and/or waivers. Entrant holds Sponsor and its affiliates and agents harmless from damage or loss that may result from Entrant’s failure to secure necessary rights and permissions. Entrant retains ownership of Content submitted for the Contest. Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates an irrevocable, non-exclusive and royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual right and license to reproduce, distribute, broadcast, post, publish, transmit, encode, store, and/or otherwise use or display, in whole or in part, any Content submitted in connection with this Contest for the purpose of promoting the Contest or Sponsor, in all media now known or hereafter devised. Entrant agrees and understands that Sponsor is not required to utilize any of the Content submitted by the Entrant. Entrant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates the rights and licenses free of charge and agrees that no further permissions from or payment of compensation or royalties to Entrant or any other party are required. Entrant also waives any intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights, moral rights, or any other legal right Entrant may have acquired in the Content submitted or its elements, if any; and Entrant waives any claim and agrees not to assert any claim against Sponsor, its licensees, or affiliated or related companies for their use of the content submitted. No further permissions, consents or payments are required from or to Entrant or any third party in connection with the use by Sponsor of the rights granted hereunder, there is and will not be any agreement with a third party that may in any way interfere with Sponsor’s rights under this license, and such rights are and shall be free and clear of any and all claims, rights and obligations whatsoever. Entrant represents and warrants that the Content submitted is an original work created by the Entrant and does not infringe on any intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of a third party. The Content submitted is not offensive to the community (for example, the content does not promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual); the Content is not harmful to minors, the Content does not harass or advocate harassment of another person, the content does not promote information that is false, misleading, or illegal; the Content does not promote illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous; the Content does not contain any confidential information of any kind; the Content does not display pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind; the Content does not otherwise contain content that could be reasonably seen as inappropriate. Sponsor reserves the right to review any content submitted at any time, and to disqualify any entry which, in its sole discretion, is deemed to be inappropriate, offensive, unsuitable, or it deems may otherwise be in violation of these Contest rules, applicable laws or regulations, or the rights of any third party.
- How to Enter: Submit your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Entry Period.
- Entry Period. The Contest starts on May 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM CST and ends on June 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM CST. Your entry must be received during the Entry Period for consideration. Entries will not be acknowledged.
- Winners. Once the Entry Period is complete, the winners will be selected by a panel of Sponsor’s judges according to the following Judging Criteria: creativity, the quality of the Entry, uniqueness, how well it exemplifies your success with the Sponsor’s product(s). The judging panel will make a decision on June 26, 2012; this decision will be final, except as noted herein. The odds of being selected depend on the relative performance of all entrants.
- Prizes: The winner will receive an Apple® 32 GB WiFi iPad, with an approximate retail value of $499.00. The winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners within 30 business days of the end of the Entry Period. If a potential winner does not respond within 5 business days, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner in his/her place from all remaining entries received. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate potential winners may be contacted.
- Disqualification: All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform or satisfy the Official Rules may be disqualified by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes according to the Judging Criteria from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, Facebook, and Twitter (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, cost, loss, damages of any kind, or cause of liability or action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize; (g) incomplete or inaccurate information; or (h) theft, destruction, or unauthorized access of entries or the website. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, Attn: Product Marketing / Brad Hale, 3711 South MoPac Expressway, Building Two, Austin, TX 78746. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.