What version and Service Pack are you on? You can find this in the footer of the web console
The footer states
"SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor 9.5 SP4 © 1995-2009 All Rights Reserved"
I am using ver 9.5 service pack 5 with cisco controllers and cisco AP's and it works fine. It might be worth tryng the latest version.
I have tried removiong and re-adding the controller, no improvement.
However I have notices somthing odd, the number of APs seems to vary. There are 20 registered with the controller but Solarwinds shows a number between 7 and 11, most often 10.
I cannot see anything relivant with SP5 and as this is a shared enviromnent with the server team, dont want to go changing code without good justification.
We are also running into the same problem. It appears Orion is showing roughly 60% of the APs connected to an individual Aruba controller. Mark, did you ever have any luck sorting this out?
What version of NPM are you running?
Hey gang, I thought I would look into our devices to make sure I wasn't seeing this as well...and I saw it but only in one particular case.
First, our version: SolarWinds Orion Core 2010.1.0 SP1, IPSLAMGR 3.5, NCM 6.0, NPM 10.0.0 SP1, NTA 3.6 © 1995-2010 All Rights Reserved
Second, I noticed this initially when I connected to the WebConsole of our Master Controller (two others report data to it).
When I click the "All Access Points" link under Network within the left column on the Master Controller web interface, then I get the ratio you are speaking of.
But if I click the "Access Points" link under Controller then the numbers match up perfectly.
Screen shot here for your reference. I'm still new to these so I'd like to make sure I'm looking in the same places you are. If i'm way off, don't be shy to tell me. Otherwise I hope this helps?
Interesting. Would be also good to know when this happens if you do a mib walk on the device, what you are getting back?
Who was that addressed to?
Any of ya'll seeing this issue
Okay, I'm doing a walk on the device now and its up in the 4000's so far.
How would you like this information shared? In otherwords, I'm not very good with MIB's yet, and I'm not sure what you are looking for.
When you do a MIB walk of a device, the program doing the walk returns object identifiers (OIDs) on myriad device settings. OIDs are numbers in dotted-decimal format. For example,
sysObjectID.0; Value (OID): .18.104.22.168.4.1.25422.214.171.124
sysDescr.0 Palo Alto Networks PA-500 series firewall OctetString
Okay, I see that when I use the MIB Walker from the Toolset.
I doubt you want all 7000+ entries in there, so are we looking for the specific entries associated with the number of AP's that the device recognizes or something like that?
I see where you are going with this I think...if the MIB Walker is seeing that the device recognizes the correct number of devices, but Orion is recognizing them incorrectly, there could be an issue. But if not, then perhaps there is a setting in the device that is preventing this information from being discovered from Orion properly through the discovery process.
Am I understanding correctly? Sorry if I'm straying off topic, I'm just trying to understand so I can better contribute to these posts in the future.
What are you trying to do with the OIDs once you get them?
See above in the previous post by Brandon (bshopp), who asked us to do a MIB walk and report what we get.
That's what started me down this path, but I'm not sure what information he's looking for.
Sorry for all the confusion on this, I was just trying to help zero in on the problem for the previous posters. This might be a resolved issue with the newer version of Orion, but hard to say.
Sorry, forgot to put that in my post. I'm running 9.5.1 and will be upgrading to V10 once we have a new SQL server in.
I'm comparing MIB walks with the controller's numbers and Orion's numbers and will post some info in a few hours.
I found the MIB in from the walk that appears to show the number of access points that the controller reports it has connected to it. The controller in question has 60 APs on it, reported both via the web interface and the MIB. However, Orion is reporting 31 APs for the controller in question. Here's the screens:
The MIB is 126.96.36.199.4.1.148188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206. If it would be best to open a ticket for this at this point let me know.
Sorry for being vague, my bad.
Here are the OID's we poll for Aruba
Are all 60 thin AP's up or are some down? Regardless it sounds like we need a support ticket to investigate further if possible please
OID = ModelName
OID = IPAddress
OID = HostName
OID = Clients
OID = TotalBytesTx
OID = TotalBytesRx
OID = Client_Name
OID = Client_Role
OID = Client_TotalBytesTx
OID = Client_TotalBytesRx
OID = Client_TxRate
OID = Client_RxRate
OID = RadioType
OID = Type
OID = TotalTime
OID = TxRate
OID = RxRate
OID = InactiveTime
OID = SNR
OID = Noise
OID = Client_AssociationID
OID = Client_ESSID
OID = Client_SNR
OID = Client_TotalPacketsTx
OID = Client_TotalPacketsRx
OID = TotalPacketsTx
OID = TotalPacketsRx
OID = Role
OID = Client_IPAddress
OID = Rogue_CurrentChannel
OID = Rogue_Classification
OID = Rogue_SSID
OID = Rogue_PhyType
OID = CurrentChannel
OID = SSID
OID = Rogue_SignalStrength
OID = Rogue_Status