Pretty much borrowing from my post HERE; SRM just doesn't feel like an integrated piece of Orion like other components such as NPM, SAM, NCM, etc. Aside from utilizing the same WebUI, everything feels completely separate. A few of the things I have noticed thus far are as follows:
- The performance graphs don't have an export button so you can see different date/time ranges for performance data
- When storage systems are added into SRM they are not added into Orion for the collection of other basic metrics such as memory, CPU, latency, etc.
- I can't use the Orion node search function to find nodes in SRM, I have to go look for them with a different search.
- When I go to the Manage Storage Objects view I can't add new columns for the different properties and custom properties like I can in the Managed Nodes section of Orion
- There doesn't seem to be a good way to search storage devices by IP, CIFS Share, Array, etc.
I think SRM should be treated more like NCM, have a standard node page for the Storage node but have a separate tab for the SRM specific stuff.
I would love to see SolarWinds make this feel like a more integrated component of Orion by addressing some of these issues.