I don't want anybody to use unmanage for no reason. Because that's what they are doing for almost every down node! And I have to ask everytime why did hey do it? Then I decided to create a custom property called "Unmanage reason" (name can be different). But because it is not mandatory they always forget (or intentionally) to fill it. So it should be impossible to unmanage a node without filling the unmanage reason at least which should pops up when anyone click the Unmanage button.
These features also should be implemented along with it.
- There is no way to extend the unmanage time via NPM Web Console. It can be changed with SQL Query Update. But it is not flexible.
- Unmanage date should be visible on the node details page. I can only see it via reports. (Partially implemented on NPM 10.6 Beta 2)
Also the most needed features in NPM are below (IMHO)
- Granular node management rights
- False reboot alerts due to SNMP service restart & Proper uptime information OoB
- Multiple IP Polling support for a single node
- Orion Next Generation User Interface
- Undeleting a node/interface should be possible
- Custom property support for groups
- Network Atlas Enhancements
Please vote those ideas as well if you think you need them.