It is with great pleasure that I announce that Server Configuration Monitor 2019.4 Release Candidate (RC) is now available for download via the Customer Portal. Our dedicated and hard working engineers have delivered Linux support and other great features.
- Monitor Linux hardware, software and files - Monitor changes to server hardware and software and select specific files you want to watch for changes.
- Execute Linux scripts (bash, python or others) - Build and deploy Linux scripts and monitor the output for changes.
- Out of the box Linux profiles - Ready to use Linux profile for monitoring hardware, software, packages, network configuration, security and more.
- Test Profile Elements before deploying them to your servers - Easily test your elements before deploying them. See the output of your scripts, the list of files that will be returned, or the registry settings you will capture.
- Structural diff preview - For structured content (XML, JSON), see the changes that matter (the values), while completely ignoring changes to the structure (spaces, returns, order, etc.)
- Assign/Unassign SCM profiles in Manage Nodes - Quickly assign and unassign SCM profiles from the Manage Nodes view.
If you've seen enough and are ready to upgrade, we won't make you scroll to the bottom - here are all the links you need!
- Download SCM 2019.4 RC from the Customer Portal
- Release notes
- System requirements
- Administrators guide
- Getting started guide
A few things to remember before you start your upgrade:
- All your Orion modules will upgrade at the same time, so make sure you check out the Orion Platform 2019.4 release notes
- Each release candidate is a fully tested and supported version of the product and you can upgrade current production servers, while retaining your complete configuration and history.
- Note this is the first release using the new SCM version format that adheres to the version format of the Orion Platform.
- SCM 2019.4 is the release after SCM 1.2, and is compatible with Orion Platform 2019.4
Your Feedback Counts!
Post your thoughts, questions and concerns into the Server Configuration Monitor RC Forum - the SCM team will be watching for input to make the product better and better.
We hope you enjoyed the 2019.4 episode of Server Configuration Manager! Don't see what you are looking for here? Check out the What We're Working on for SCM post for what our dedicated team of configuration nerds and code jockeys are already looking at. If you don't see everything you've been wishing for there, add it to the SCM Feature Requests Forum. Excelsior!