What is the THWACK MVP program?
The THWACK MVP program represents a highly coveted status for members of the THWACK Community who go above and beyond to share their deep knowledge of SolarWinds solutions. MVPs are always willing to help and contribute without being asked, paid or otherwise. They are passionate about THWACK and voluntarily contribute to the greater good of making our community the best in the IT industry.
How can I become a THWACK MVP?
MVPs engage with SolarWinds staff, customers and prospects on a frequent and consistent basis. They have made the most out of their SolarWinds implementation and strive to help others become successful with their environments.
Below are activities that can elevate your status to join the MVP ranks (but not limited to):
- Posting in the product forums and providing answers to the broader community based on their experience and knowledge of the product
- Participating in user experience sessions to inform how and where we are making improvements in our products
- Providing feedback on betas and release candidates to Product Management
- Guest blogging in Geek Speak, Product Blog, or Monitoring Central
- Offering your voice for customer reference needs
- Hosting a local user group
- Speaking at a user group
- Presenting with us on webinars, THWACKcamp, industry events, etc.
- Providing feedback and quotes to help support launch efforts, press releases, marketing materials, etc.
Aside from status, are there other perks of being a THWACK MVP?
MVPs will tell you the best part of being a MVP is simply being a MVP. Their status does come with a few impressive perks, though.
- Private Slack channel with other MVPs and SolarWinds staff
- Enhanced support by being routed to tenured engineers
- 1 free SolarWinds Certification exam per year
- NFR licenses for any SolarWinds module (Core IT, Cloud, etc.)
- 1 free trip to a SolarWinds User Group of their choosing per year
- MVP tag next to your THWACK handle and badge for your profile
- International shipping from the THWACK store
And last but not least, an annual gift from SolarWinds recognizing their maintained status.
When and how do MVP nominations work?
MVP nominations and renewals are conducted annually every January. However, you can nominate yourself or someone else at any time!
Once MVP status is obtained, you will hold your tenure for 1 year. In order to maintain your status every year, you must meet the communicated requirements for the year. We will conduct our internal reassessment in January and renewal status will be communicated shortly after.
See the 2018 THWACK MVP roster here!