this is version 0.1 of my Backupexec SAM Template.
It currently uses a combination of Powershell and Windows Service Components.
This is a work in Progress. Documentation will be updated from time to time as well.
Prerequisites: You need WMI, Powershell working (able to monitor) on your Backup Exec server.
Credentials: To my knowledge you need to be a Local Admin on the BackupExec Server (When you can open the BE console on your server this credential should work)
Backup Exec Services:
The Following Services monitored on their up/down status, CPU load, IOPS and memory used
- BE DeDup Engine (disable this component when you don't use BE Deduplication)
- BE DeDup Manager (disable this component when you don't use BE Deduplication)
- BE PureDisk FileSystem (disable this component when you don't use BE Deduplication)
- BE Agent Browser
- BE Device & Media Service
- BE Error Recording Service
- BE Job Engine
- BE Management Service
- BE Remote Agent
- BE Server
Powershell Scripts to get Job Counts
- Missed Backup Jobs Count
- Failed Backup Jobs Count
- Currently Active Backup Jobs Count
If you have any Questions feel free to contact me, I will try to answer as fast as possible.