I’m pleased to announce that the SolarWinds® Network Configuration Manager (NCM) 7.7 Release Candidate (RC) is now available. This RC is fully supported and includes the following new features:
Network Insight™ for Cisco® Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA)
- Multi-context Support: discover, monitor, backup, and restore the configurations of each context
- Access Control List Support: version control each ACL, view and compare using the new ACL Rule Browser, detect shadow rules, and more
- Firmware Upgrade Support: upgrade ASA firmware in bulk
- See the effect of config changes on a device’s performance, availability, or response time
- Support for additional metrics, such as UnDP, Syslog, SNMP Traps, and more
- Links to predefined PerfStack dashboards from object Details views
- Real-time polling for key metrics
- Search integrated into the global navigation
- Improved dashboard view customization and Manage Nodes page
- Support for Orion® HA v2.0 including multi-subnet deployments (WAN/DR)
To learn more, visit the SolarWinds Success Center for NCM where you can find Release Notes and other documentation. Once you’re ready to upgrade, you can find the RC available to download in your Customer Portal!
One final note: as a SolarWinds Product Manager it’s my job to make sure we’re building the right things to help you. If you have feedback on this release or any other, feel free to reach out to me.