With the current release of Virtualization Manager (VMAN) 7.1, PerfStack, Predictive Recommendations, & Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring for AWS have been added to the VMAN feature set. As part of SolarWinds effort to evolve VMAN into a complete monitoring and management tool for virtualization, we are already working on our next release. Here are the highlights of what we are currently working on:
- Removal of the appliance dependency by moving to native Orion installer for VMAN
- VMAN Polling natively on Orion
- Capacity Planning on Orion - Improved functionality and modeling of user based scenario planning
- Native Orion Search functionality
- Poll Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- VMware vCenter and Microsoft Hyper-V Events in VMAN Perfstack
- Improved Orion Charting
Improved Install/Upgrade - Faster, simplified product upgrades and installation of hotfixes, including updating multiple Orion products simultaneously.
Integrated Disaster Recovery Engine - Disaster recovery will provide redundancy to the Orion platform in multi-subnet deployment configurations.
Windows Authentication for SQL DB - Orion can optionally use AD user credentials to authenticate to the SQL database instead of SQL local credentials.
Support for SQL AlwaysOn - Support for SQL AlwaysOn in a multi-subnet failover configuration
Orion on RDS - Support for Amazon RDS as the repository for the Orion database
PerfStack Improvements - Including support for Syslog and SNMP traps, DPA integration, alert visualization and correlation improvements, NCM change correlation, and export to Excel.
Improved dashboard customization
Storage performance-based recommendations
- Integrate SRM data into recommendations
- Network performance-based recommendations
- Integrate NPM & NTA data into recommendations
- Affinity & anti-infinity policies
- Batch execution of recommendations at the same time
- Extending VMAN functionality to cloud infrastructure monitoring:
- management actions, monitoring (sprawl and alerting), capacity planning, & recommendations.
- Provide cloud infrastructure monitoring for Azure
- vSphere vSAN - Integration with the VSAN API for in-depth VSAN storage reporting in VMAN.
If you don't see what you are looking for here, you can always add your idea(s) and vote on features in our Virtualization Manager Feature Requests forum.