Company announces its Orion Suite v1.1 is approved for secure government deployment with internationally recognized Common Criteria certification
SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced multiple products are now certified under the Common Criteria with the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme (SCCS), an international standard for computer security achieved by national laboratory testing and evaluation for evaluation assurance level (EAL) 2+.
“SolarWinds is committed to providing powerful IT solutions that are both cost effective and highly secure,” said David Kimball, senior vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. “By meeting the stringent standards of the Common Criteria certification, we continue to deliver on that promise by providing the critical assurances required by our government customers.”
Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation
Common Criteria provides a broad range of evaluation criteria for commercial and nationally sensitive government-use IT security products. Federal IT users needing to run applications in National Security Systems (NSS) environments can look to Common Criteria-certified software for numerous compliant software solutions.
The SolarWinds Orion Suite v1.1, comprising of the below solutions, is now certified to Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+, empowering government IT pros to implement and use the software safely on federal networks:
- Network Performance Monitor v11.5.2 – Management and monitoring of dynamic network performance
- Server & Application Monitor v6.2.1 – Server, application, and OS monitoring
- Network Configuration Manager 7.4 – Network configuration and compliance management
- Network Traffic Analyzer 4.1.1 – Flow-based network traffic analysis
- IP Address Manager 4.3 – IP address and DHCP/DNS management and monitoring
- User Device Tracker 3.2.2 – Device and switch port monitoring and mapping
- VoIP & Network Quality Manager 4.2.2 – VoIP and WAN performance monitoring
- Web Performance Monitor 2.2 – Website and web application monitoring
- Enterprise Operations Console 1.4.1 – Unified management for distributed enterprise networks
- Failover Engine 6.7.0 – SolarWinds platform server monitoring
- Enterprise Operations Console v1.6
- Storage Resource Monitor v6.1.1
Previous versions of SolarWinds Orion Suite and SolarWinds Log & Event Manager have been certified for Common Criteria. More details are available here.
Electronic Warfare Associates – Canada, Ltd. (EWA-Canada) is a Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) accredited by the Standards Council of Canada and approved by Canada’s Communications Security Establishment (CSE). EWA-Canada, in conjunction with its partner lab in the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme, evaluated SolarWinds software to determine that it meets the requirements of this security certification. EWA-Canada is recognized for its extensive experience with Common Criteria evaluations, enabling companies to manage the process and help to ensure their products meet important certification requirements.
“EWA-Canada is pleased to congratulate SolarWinds on the Common Criteria re-certification of the Version 1.1 update to Orion Suite,” said Erin Connor, director of the EWA-Canada Common Criteria Test Lab. “This result has demonstrated SolarWinds’ commitment to maintaining the certification to international standards for IT security of the tools that their customers rely on.”
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, and Navy DADMS. Technical requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more. SolarWinds’ THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free that are designed to help users prepare for an inspection. THWACK also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
If you have questions on SolarWinds and Common Criteria, please post them here or contact:
Lisa M. Sherwin Wulf
Director of Marketing – Federal, National Government & NA Channels | SolarWinds