SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced multiple products are collectively now under evaluation for certification in the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme (SCCS), an international standard for computer security achieved by national laboratory testing and evaluation.
“SolarWinds continues to invest in and improve upon the many software tools that comprise our Orion® Suite of IT management solutions,” said Dave Kimball, senior vice president, federal and national government, SolarWinds. “By putting our solutions through Common Criteria evaluation, we are helping to ensure that our solutions meet the critical needs of IT professionals in the government arena.”
Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation
Common Criteria is an international program among 25 nations, in which IT products are certified against standard specifications, specifically to ensure they meet an agreed-upon security standard for government deployments.
The SolarWinds® Orion Suite v2.0, comprising the below solutions, is currently undergoing Common Criteria evaluation at Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL)2:
- Network Performance Monitor v12.0.1 – Management and monitoring of dynamic network performance
- Server & Application Monitor v6.3 – Server, application, and OS monitoring
- Network Configuration Manager v7.5.1 – Network configuration and compliance management
- Network Traffic Analyzer v4.2.1 – Flow-based network traffic analysis
- IP Address Manager v4.3.2 – IP address and DHCP/DNS management and monitoring
- User Device Tracker v3.2.4 – Device and switch port monitoring and mapping
- VoIP & Network Quality Manager v4.2.4 – VoIP and WAN performance monitoring
- Web Performance Monitor v2.2.1 – Website and web application monitoring
- Enterprise Operations Console v6.7 – Unified management for distributed enterprise networks
- Failover Engine v6.7 – SolarWinds platform server monitoring
- Enterprise Operations Console v1.6.3 – Unified visibility into geographically distributed networks
- Storage Resource Monitor v6.3 – Storage performance monitoring and alerting
Electronic Warfare Associates – Canada, Ltd. (EWA-Canada), a Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) accredited by the Standards Council of Canada, and approved by Canada’s Communications Security Establishment (CSE), is evaluating SolarWinds software to determine that it meets all of the requirements of this security certification. EWA-Canada, in conjunction with its partner lab in the Spanish Common Criteria Scheme, is carrying out the evaluation of the SolarWinds Orion Suite v2.0. EWA-Canada is recognized for its extensive experience with Common Criteria evaluations, enabling companies to manage the process and help to ensure their products meet important certification requirements.
“EWA-Canada is pleased to be working with SolarWinds on the re-evaluation of this latest version of the Orion Suite under the Common Criteria,” said Erin Connor, director of the EWA-Canada Common Criteria Test Lab. “This re-evaluation is the latest in a continuing program by SolarWinds to ensure that as their products are updated, they maintain the certifications to international security standards that their customers rely on.”
Previous versions of SolarWinds Orion Suite and SolarWinds Log & Event Manager have been certified for Common Criteria, more details are available here.
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
- SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
- U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
- SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet the requirements of major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more.
- SolarWinds THWACK® online user community provides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates, available to download for free, that are designed to help users prepare for an inspection. THWACK also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
If you have questions on SolarWinds and Common Criteria, please post them here or contact:
Lisa M. Sherwin Wulf
Director of Marketing – Federal, National Government & NA Channels | SolarWinds