These instructions will show you how to update your license information if you are in an environment with no internet connection - using the license manager inside the SolarWinds console.
- Go to Settings
- Choose All Settings
- Go to the Details section
- Click on License Manager
- Check to make sure the License Manager is in “Offline” mode; look for the yellow triangle with the exclamation point in the upper right-hand corner.\
- If you are not seeing the Yellow Exclamation point and you are offline, you can force the License Manager into Offline mode by entering this URL
- Choose the product you want to license
- Click on either of the Active buttons
- In the next window you can get your Machine ID and copy it, this is the information that needs to be sent to us
Your key will look similar to this…. [W01E-C4XU-YW26-RPXG-4SUN-83QJ-23ZJ-XYNN-DNAA-ER1F-W2YE-086E-MT4C-003U-002P000Z-03S0]
Each product will have its own Machine ID, so you will need to get each key and send it to your sales rep.
If extending the license on multiple products, I would recommend putting the product name in front of the key to avoid any confusion:
NPM - xxxx-xxxx-…..
NCM - xxxx-xxxx-…..
NTA - xxxx-xxxx-…..
Importing the License File
- You will get a license file back from us via email
- Copy the file to the server
- Open the SolarWinds console and to the License Manager
- Choose the product
- Click on Activate
- Click Next
- Click Next - since this is an evaluation installation, there is no need to go to the customer portal - this is if only if you own the product and have an active license
- Browse to the license file
- Click Activate
- It will tell you the license was update successfully, show it is a temporary key and the expiration date