Here's the source code/implementation from. Our NOC team really liked these bullseye-style graphs from another application. I re-created them for Solarwinds.
Update: Pie chart lovers can find a version of this with pie charts over here.
- You must know the Group ID of the group you wish to display in the chart. The easiest way to find this is to go to the details page for the group and get the group number from the end of the URL. E.g. if the URL is https://solarwinds.yourcompany.com/Orion/NetPerfMon/ContainerDetails.aspx?NetObject=C:69, the group ID is 69.
- SQL Server 2012 or newer. If you have an older version of SQL Server, see the note about "Older versions of SQL Server" at the end of this document.
- Download and unzip the attached archive.
- Copy GroupMemberAggregateStatus.aspx, GroupMemberAggregateStatus.aspx.cs, and globe.png to <Solarwinds install volume>\InetPub\SolarWinds\Orion\NetPerfMon\ .
- On your Solarwinds NOC view page, click "Customize Page" in the page's upper right corner.
- Add a new Custom HTML resource and save your changes.
- Find the new Custom HTML resource on the page and click the "EDIT" box in the resource's upper right corner.
- Fill in the Title and Subtitle fields as you wish and check the "Use synchronous loading" box.
- Copy and paste the HTML below into the (unlabeled) URL field.
<iframe scrollbars="none" height="170px" width="100%" src="/Orion/NetPerfMon/GroupMemberAggregateStatus.aspx?ContainerID=GROUPID" ></iframe>
Replace GROUPID in the URL with the ID number of the group you want to display. Your resource, when completely filled in, will look similar to this:
- Click "Submit" to save your changes.
Example of a page with several charts
Older versions of SQL Server
If your installation uses a version of SQL Server older than SQL Server 2012, you must edit GroupMemberAggregateStatus.aspx.cs. Find both instances of the string
and replace it with
'/Orion/NetPerfMon/ContainerDetails.aspx?NetObject=C:'+cast(C.ContainerID as varchar)
This will continue to work after you upgrade to SQL Server 2012.