The attached is an updated application monitor for APC UPSs with management cards. This application is primary geared toward detecting common UPS problems. It is offered as an alternative to a previously uploaded application monitor which focuses more on power statistics.
The application monitor covers the following statistics, with the following thresholds configured out of the box.
- Battery Capacity (as a percentage) - Warning < 50, Critical < 25
- Battery Replacement Indicator (1=normal, 2=replace battery) - Warning >= 2
- Battery Runtime Remaining (minutes) - Warning <=10, Critical <= 5
- Battery Temperature (°C) - Warning >= 40, Critical >=42 (batteries at or above this temperature range are usually failing or failed, and are likely to swell and become difficult or impossible to remove from the UPS)
- Output Load Percentage - Warning >= 75, Critical >= 90
- Management Card Communication Status (2=management card not communicating with UPS) - Critical = 2
- Self-Test (status of last test, 1=passed, 2=failed, 3=invalid test, 4=test in progress) - Warning = 3, Critical = 2