I am pleased to announce the General Availability of DameWare v11.2. For those customers with active maintenance can go to the customer portal and download the bits.
New Features and Improvements
- AD Integration, user authentication against LDAP. SSO support
Users can be imported from AD groups either as one-off selections or scheduled synchronization tasks; these users can then log in to DameWare Remote Support and Mini Remote Control with their Windows username and password
- Auto sign in for DameWare Centralized modules
Settings enable the sign-on screen to be skipped by AD credentialed users
- Problem with Dual Monitor refresh
- Missing icons after 11.1 upgrade
- Problem with Active Directory user and group import
- Connection hangs on "Querying system status"
- Error when mounting bootable ISO file
- Virtual CD - booting from ISO using Intel AMT does not work
- Problem importing from Mini Remote Control 6.9
- Problem inputting Japanese characters
End of Life Policy
In order to continue to drive innovation and new functionality into our products, SolarWinds must transition customers from legacy versions of software to our current versions. Please review the following support schedule:
- 4/28/2015: End-of-Life announcement (EoL) – Customers on DameWare v8.0.1 or older should begin transitioning to DameWare 11.2.
- 5/06/2014: End-of-Life announcement (EoL) – Customers on DameWare v7.4 or older should begin transitioning to DameWare 11.1.
- 12/12/2012: End-of-Life (EoL) – SolarWinds will no longer provide technical support for SolarWinds DameWare v6.9 or older