The release of Virtualization Manager (VMAN) 8.3 added new features and functionally. Check out the following link to see what was included in the most current release.
Virtualization Manager 8.3.1 is a service release that provides an OOTB VSAN alert to add to our 8.3 release, and other Orion Platform features including support for Centralized Upgrades!
You ask, we listen. Many of the top features being worked on in VMAN today are generated through your feedback, your participation in our user sessions and your votes in our Virtualization Manager Feature Requests forums.
- VMware event monitoring, alerting and correlation - correlate performance issues with events that have occurred in your VMware environment
- Virtual entity status updates - watch the status of your entities reflect changes in your environment based on monitored events
- Capacity planning enhancements - run reports across multiple clusters and other usability improvements
- Create alerts on VMware alarms
- Additional VMware virtual disk metrics - including virtual disk iops, latency & throughput
- Hyper-V static memory VM support
- Next generation Orion mapping - Working on the next version. See Network Atlas Update?, Network Atlas Overhaul, and Granular Link Speeds in Network Atlas.
- Node status improvements
- Improved upgrade experience – Do your whole upgrade from the web console.
- Azure DB Support
Looking for Feedback
I am actively refining the VMAN roadmap to solve your problems. Participate in user sessions for Thwack points and personalized input into the future of VMAN.
Worried about Upgrading to the Latest?
As these features grow closer to being released, I will be running Dev Assisted Upgrade sessions. Fill out this short survey to let me know you're interested.