Dear IT Professionals:
We have all experienced a call starting with "what should I do, the internet is not working?" We also know how tempting it is to say "go out and get a beer!" Anyway, this time, you've learned your lesson and will not make fun of users trying to work. Rather than picking up your magic stick (command line) and patiently looking for the root cause, you can use User Device Tracker. With a few clicks and keystrokes (e.g. when searching for the user name), you can tell if a port has been shut down, a cable has been detached, or determine if the problem is with the end user. Our development team worked hard to make UDT faster while providing you the information necessary for troubleshooting your issues.
I'm happy to announce User Device Tracker 3.1 Release candidate is officially available to you at your customer portal!
The following is a small summary of new features for User Device Tracker 3.1:
- Ports discovery now with Orion’s Network Sonar Discovery engine - twice as fast and capable of discovering twice as many ports at once - as requested on thwack: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2074
- MAC address to Vendor identification mapping - https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1193
- Enhanced device search for MAC address based on Vendors
- Macro variables Device Id and Port Id have been included in the New MAC and Rogue MAC alert - https://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1536
- Support for Motorola and Ruckus wireless
This RC is available to all customers with active UDT maintenance at the customer portal and is officially supported in production environments.
Should you need assistance during the installation, feel free to contact me by a personal message or place a comment below.
RC takers providing feedback as usual will be rewarded with thwack points and a badge.