SolarWinds® SysAdmin Selfie Contest: Official Rules
No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1. Eligibility. The SysAdmin Selfie Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada and the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, subsidiaries, affiliates, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Canadian residents selected as potential winners are subject to correctly answering a skill question of Sponsor’s choice prior to being eligible for a prize.
2. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC, 7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400, Austin, Texas 78735 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of the Contest Rules and Entry Requirements and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning of a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Entrant will not be eligible to win a prize if you do not fulfill all requirements set forth herein, if you are not eligible to participate in the Contest, or if you are disqualified.
4. Entry Period. The Contest will commence on 12:00 p.m. CDT on July 15, 2014, and an Entrant must complete all entry requirements prior to 12:00 p.m. CDT on July 25, 2014 (“Entry Period”). Entrants submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible for the Contest.
5. How to Enter.
Entrants must upload a “selfie” on www.thwack.com (“Content”). Once the content is submitted, it is open for registered thwack members to vote. Entrant may submit an unlimited number of selfies.
SysAdmin Selfie Drawing: Daily Bonus Round
If an Entrant wants to be entered into a daily drawing, Entrant must share his/her selfies daily with Sponsor on Twitter® @SWI_systems. Upon sharing said selfie, Entrant will be entered into the daily drawing. Entrants shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter Account and email address submitted at the time of entry, unless clearly indicated otherwise. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void. Lost, late, misdirected, or illegible registrants will be disqualified.
The top three (3) Entrants with the most thwack member votes will be announced on July 25, 2014. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received.
SysAdmin Selfie Drawing: Daily Bonus Round
7. Potential Winner Requirements. The potential winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the requested documentation within seven (7) days, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all entries received. If a potential winner is a legal resident of Canada, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question.
1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Prize. The 1st place winner will receive a PS4™ with an approximate retail value of $399.99 USD. The 2nd place winner will receive a GoPro® Hero3+ Silver Edition camera with an approximate retail value of $299.99 USD. The 3rd place winner will receive a $130.90 gift card for Custom Bobbleheads.com with the approximate retail value of $130.90 USD.
Daily Bonus Round Drawing Prize. The winner of the random drawing will receive one (1) $25.00 American Express® gift card with an approximate retail value of $25.00 USD.
Any prize details not specified above will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner will be responsible taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) injury (including death) or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Texas. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Texas.
12. Contest Results: To request a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC; thwack Community Manager, Danielle Higgins; 7171 Southwest Parkway, Building 400, Austin, Texas 78735. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
13. Terms Subject to Change. Terms are all subject to change by the Sponsor as necessary.