To receive updates on the NPM roadmap, JOIN thwack and BOOKMARK this page.
As always here is our "hot list" of things we are currently working on. Your comments, feedback and specially participation in Beta releases are more than welcomed. We are listening so your feature requests and stories/problems truly help us to make software you like.
- Improved UnDP (custom pollers). Web based interface, possibility to re-use Orion Web UI http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1159http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2610
- Support for Ruckus and Motorola Wireless - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1201
- UnDP objects on OpenStreet maps
- VLAN & VRF information for Nodes and Interfaces - find all interfaces for your VLAN and vice versa - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1190 http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2291
- Support for EIGRP and OSPF v3 routing protocols - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2227
- Improved Hardware Health polling - "per sensor" management, better power supply polling (power supply will be taken as whole entity with sub sensors) http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2142http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2682
- Support for Cisco VPN Concentrators (ASA for the future)
- OSI L3 topology mapping
- In addition to adding value to your Network Atlas maps, this is a step towards Automated Dependency Mapping
- Dynamic base-lining (thresholds)
- Network Atlas maps showing different line colors depending on interface utilization (weather maps) - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1317
- General Orion UI improvements like Drag & Drop for existing resources and views - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1501
- Report scheduling on web
- Continuing improvements for Alerting, Syslogs and Traps - migration to web interface - http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/2254
- Use SNMP to determine status instead of just ICMP
- Packet-level traffic analysis and classification: Beta for SolarWinds "Deep Traffic Analysis" now available
And more... stay tuned.
PLEASE NOTE: We are working on these items based on this priority order, but this is NOT a commitment that all of these enhancements will make the next release. We are working on a number of other smaller features in parallel. If you have comments or questions on any of these items (e.g. how would it work?) or would like to be included in a preview demo, please let us know!