SolarWinds Orion Network Configuration Manager version 7.2 Hotfix 1
This hotfix requires Orion NCM version 7.2.
Hotfix 1 fixes a problem related to using the Start Job option from the Orion Web Console when NCM is deployed in an integrated setup with separate servers for NCM and the NPM.
The fix modifies software on both the NPM and NCM servers with the overall result that the Orion Module Engine service on the NCM server functions as intended, waiting for local SWIS to perform its work.
A manual workaround for this issue would be, on the NCM server, to wait until SWIS service starts and then manually restart the Orion Module Engine.
Extract the contents in this zip archive into a directory on the NPM and on the NCM server.
To install the fix for the NPM server:
- Open the extracted folder called OrionServerFix.
- Open the folder where the Orion website in installed (by default, it is C:\inetpub\solarwinds").
- Open the subfolder "\Orion\NCM\Services\".
- Overwrite the file JobManagement.asmx in the subfolder with the version in the extracted folder (OrionServerFix).
To install the fix for the NCM Server:
- Open the extracted folder called NCMServerFix.
- Stop all SolarWinds Orion services (Administrative Tasks > Services).
- Open the folder where the NCM is installed (by default, it is C\:Program files\solarwinds\orion).
- Overwrite the file SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Common.dll with the version in the extracted folder (NCMServerFix).
To Uninstall this hotfix:
Run the Orion Configuration Wizard and select Website. Follow the prompts until you reach Finish.
- Navigate to Programs and Features (Control Panel).
- Select Orion Core Services and select Repair.
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.solarwinds.net/support.