This is modified for WLC model AIR-WLC2106-K9.
For other models see http://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-167109.
You also have to increase the timeout:
For NCM 7.1 and later
- Go to the Web Console
- Settings>NCM settings>Network>Protocol settings
- Under the Telnet/SSH settings for the TELNET/SSH Prompt Timeout, change from 15 seconds to 120 Seconds.
If on an earlier version
- Go to the NCM application, not the web console
- File>Settings>Network>Telnet SSH settings
- Move the slider from 15 seconds to 120 seconds
Take the attached template and put it in the following location;
For NCM 6.1 or before
\Program Files\Solarwinds\Configuratuion Management\Device Types
For NCM 7.x:
It can be either:
1) \Program Files\Solarwinds\Configuratuion Management\Device Types if you perfromed an upgrade from NCM 6.1
2) \ Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\NCM\Device Types if NCM 7 is a clean install. In some instances, even if was an upgrade the path could have changed.
Restart the NCM application