Make sure http Redirection is installed in Role Status.
WINDOWS SERVER 2008 OR WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2
- On the taskbar, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- In the Server Manager hierarchy pane, expand Roles, and then click Web Server (IIS).
- In the Web Server (IIS) pane, scroll to the Role Services section, and then click Add Role Services.
- On the Select Role Services page of the Add Role Services Wizard, expand Common Http Features, select HTTP Redirection, and then click Next.
- On the Confirm Installation Selections page, click Install.
- On the Results page, click Close.
- Now follow the steps below with Orion Website to and remove the port 80 bindings add https 443 .
- Right Click on "SolarWinds NetperfMon" Edit Bindings.
- You can select your SSL company Certificate i have just used the default provided during installation .
- See post below for more details .
- Installing an SSL Certificate in Windows Server 2008 (IIS 7.0)
Redirection from http to https (if required )
You can use the Default IIS Website however if you do not see that website you can create to use for you .
If you do not have Default one simply create new website choosing any path and any name as you wish
If you have the Default Website Skip the "Add New Site "
Now Select the Default Website Click Http Redirect
You can chose options in "Redirect request to this destination:
Now every request to access port http 80 will be redirected to 443 http
any question please include.