Why have 2 Primary Polling Engine Entery in Orion ?
This will be the case where you have incorrect Dual (OLD ) Primary Engine Entry
Which can be seen in Orion and Nodes assigned to Old Engine Entry in Database . (Engines Table )
This could be due to Multiple Reason :-
1. You have changed the Hostname of Orion Server .
2. Migrated Orion to another server with New Hostname or IP
3. Changed IP address of Orion
4. Fresh installed on a new Orion server using Old Database with new IP Address assigned to Orion server
You can see the Entry as following where all nodes still associated to OLD Engine
Settings > Polling Engines.
How to Correct this
**** Start From Here ****
Moving All Bulk Nodes to correct Polling Engine
Settings> Manage Nodes > Select Filter "No Grouping"
Select the TOP Check BOX selecting all Nodes .
Now click "Edit Properties " Go to Polling Section and Select the Required one to move all selected Nodes to Correct Polling Engine.
Click "Change Polling Engine "
Select Active Polling Engine
Click Submit .
Now remove "Unused DOWN polling Engine "
Go to Settings > Polling Engines > "Delete Unused polling Engine "
(You can notice 0 elements assigned to Down Polling Engine )
- Now Restart all Orion Services.