Join a Group
Joining a group helps you become involved in your community.
A group is a place for you to connect with people with a shared interest. Groups can be about anything from human resources informational groups to after-work sports groups.
People join a group to participate in discussions, keep track of the group-related documents, and remain aware of the group activities.
There are four types of groups: open, members only, private, or secret. The group types available in your community may vary. If they're available in your community, you can browse all open, members only, and private groups to find groups of interest.
To become a member of a private group, your join request must be approved before you are allowed to join. To join a secret group, you must be invited by an existing member of the group. Depending on how a group is set up, you may have to join it before you can collaborate on content in that group.
- 1. Click Browse --> Places.
- 2. Select All in the left pane.
- 3. Use the filtering options to find groups that interest you. For example, you might type network management in the Filter by text area to find all network management-related groups.
- 4. Click the group title to open and look at the group.
- 5. Click Join this group to become a member of that group.