This vbscript can be used to acknowledge all alerts for a particular node. Optionally, you can acknowledge all alerts with a specified AlertName for a particular node. Run it from a command prompt or within an Advanced Alert.
Make the following changes to the connection string in the script:
- data source (currently set to "SQLServer"
- database name (currently set to "NetPerfMon")
- user name (currently set to "sa")
- user password (currently set to "TOPSECRET")
1. Acknowledge alerts for NodeID 1561. Script is saved on C: drive.
2. Acknowledge a Step 1 Alert once the Step 2 Alert is triggered. Execute an external VB Script has been added as a trigger action for the Step 2 Alert. VB Script Interpreter has been set to WScript.exe. Script is saved under C:\Scripts on server, and the Step 1 alert is named "Alert me when a Node goes down Step 1".
This is my first upload to the thwack community. Please let me know if you spot any problems with the script, or if there is anything left out of the description.