I'm happy to share with you, that we reached GA milestone for Web Help Desk (WHD) 12.4. Focus of this release was mainly security and stability of the application. Namely
- Improved security across the application for FIPS-mode SSL connections, namely
- HTTP over SSL connections
- Microsoft® Exchange, IMAP, POP3, and SMTP over SSL
- WMI and other asset discovery connections over SSL
- LDAP over SSL
- SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Systems and Applications Monitor (SAM), and Network Configuration Monitor (NCM) integration over SSL
- User password hashes, integration password hashes, and other static data such as database custom fields and stored credentials
- Detection and indication of system cryptography status
- Automatic migration of all stored passwords for stronger and more secure cryptography
Support for FIPS 140-2 compatible cryptography
For environments where high security standards are required, you can install and configure FIPS 140-2 compatible cryptography to achieve your required level of regulation compliance. The user interface includes a password migration tool to help you migrate techs and clients to FIPS-secure passwords.
- Smarter backup rotations in the Virtual Appliance
- Oracle® Java™ 8 support
- Over 100 bug fixes that hugely improve the stability of the application
PS. If you want to get excited about what is coming next (we are already busily working on new stuff) sign up for upcoming Beta here.