The SolarWinds® product management team is happy to announce the general availability of all 14 products on Orion Platform 2019.4. Every product has new features available in this release. Download now through your Customer Portal and solarwinds.com. By downloading the unified SolarWinds Orion installer from any one of those download sources, you'll be able to install or upgrade your entire Orion environment in a single, streamlined, upgrade session.
What's New for Orion Platform 2019.4
Updates to the Orion® Platform will provide you with:
- Deployment flexibility - SolarWinds and Microsoft have partnered to enable the Orion Platform and its modules, including Database Performance Analyzer (DPA), to be deployed from the Azure Marketplace, simplifying and accelerating the process to deploy the platform into an Azure subscription.
- Support for Azure SQL Database Managed Instance - Deploy the Orion Platform database with support for the latest version of Azure SQL Database.
- Leverage your Azure subscription to:
- Host the Orion server
- Host the Orion database using Azure SQL Database
- Host the Orion database using Azure SQL Database Managed Instance.
- Host the Orion database as an Azure VM
- Orion Maps enhancements - A redesigned Entity Library for quickly identifying what you need, enhancements for bulk administration, the ability to add custom images, and enabling topology relationships to be manually defined without ever leaving the editor.
- Integration with SolarWinds Service Desk - Improve time-to-resolution via integration with the SolarWinds ITSM solution, enabling service desk tickets to be automatically created from Orion Alerts.
- Web performance improvements across several Orion Platform modules, including Network Performance Monitor (NPM), NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA), and Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
- Standardized release numbering for easier compatibility comparison. All products in this release will be versioned 2019.4.
What's New for Systems Management Products
This release of the systems portfolio expands our capability to monitor additional devices, many of which have been top asks from our customer base. Upgrade to enjoy enhanced Microsoft Active Directory monitoring through domain trust support, simplified REST API monitoring, Hardware Health visibility for Nutanix clusters, support for Dell EMC Data Domain devices, and much more.
- Server & Application Monitor (SAM) 2019.4 Is Now Generally Available
- Virtualization Manager (VMAN) 2019.4 Is Now Generally Available
- Storage Resource Monitor (SRM) 2019.4 Is Now Generally Available
- Web Performance Monitor (WPM) 2019.4 Is Now Generally Available
- Log Analyzer (LA) 2019.4 Is Now Generally Available
- Server Configuration Manager (SCM) 2019.4 - Monitor configuration changes in Linux too!
- Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) 2019.4 Is Now Generally Available
What's New for Network Management Products
This release of the network portfolio adds Device View, Real-Time Charts, Meraki flow support, visibility for Palo Alto policies, Cisco Unified Call Manager support, and more. We've also done a great deal of work to improve overall webpage performance and produce a better user experience.
- Network Performance Monitor (NPM) 2019.4
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) 2019.4
- Network Configuration Manager (NCM) 2019.4
- IP Address Manager (IPAM) 2019.4
- VoIP Network Quality Manager (VNQM) 2019.4
- User Device Tracker (UDT) 2019.4
- Enterprise Operations Console (EOC) 2019.4
The SolarWinds product team is constantly looking ahead to build world class monitoring solutions to solve your monitoring woes. Watch and subscribe to What We Are Working On to get an updated view on what's next for the Orion Platform and its modules. Let us know how we're doing and what we can be delivering to keep you ahead of the curve.