SRM 6.5 was made available in the Customer Portal on September 13th! The release notes are a great place to get a broad overview of everything in this release. Exciting times since SRM also joined in other Q3 releases from SolarWinds (NPM, NTA, NCM, UDT, IPAM, DPA, & VMAN). We’ve been attending shows, monitoring customer requests and our theme for Q3 is expanding our already comprehensive list of device support! In fact, I would say that FLASH was our Primary focus, sprinkled with a bit of HYBRID Array models. We constantly measure various Storage Market Sectors, speak with analysts and rely on customer feedback with regard to Storage architecture and growth. This research has led us to recognize that Flash-Type Array solutions are a rapidly growing market sector and we want to be there when you are looking to renew your Storage environment, providing a path for you to continue using SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor! Of course, there are some other worthy reasons to upgrade to SRM 6.5 like UI, Installer, and Perfstack enhancements, along with continued additions towards monitoring Array Hardware Health!!
Here's a Summary of what was accomplished in 6.5
Support for arrays:
- IBM FlashSystem A9000/A9000R
- IBM DS 8xxx
- NetApp EF
- NetApp AFF
- EMC VMAX Flash Family
Hardware health monitoring for:
- EMC VNX CLARiiON
- EMC VNX Celerra/VNX Gateway
- IBM SVC/V7000/V3700
- Use the new SolarWinds Orion Installer to install and upgrade one or more Orion Platform products simultaneously in your environment. When installing new products into an existing Orion environment, the Orion Installer verifies compatibility between the product versions and notifies you if additional steps are needed.
- Bottom Line – The installer installs or upgrades all products from a single screen. You do not need to download files for each product.
- Start searching for widgets in two clicks from any customizable page
- Mark favorite widgets so you can quickly add them to new dashboards or pages
- Drag and drop widgets directly onto pages or move widgets to new locations