We are pleased to announce the general availability of Network Configuration Manager v7.2.
Version 7.2 includes the following enhancements:
- Continue moving functionality from Win32 client to Web UI
- Job management (Windows Task Scheduler not used anymore)
- Config management (edit, delete, set baseline)
- Possibility to test device login credentials
- Import config from file
- Provide End-of-Life information for managed devices.
- Multiple global connection profiles
- Define multiple connection profiles (device credentials, protocol, port etc.)
- NCM will try which of the predefined connection profiles works for a device (configurable per device)
- The execution of Config Change Templates can be scheduled.
- Change Approval System enhancements
- Approved requests to be executed at specified date/time
- Approved requests to be returned to requestor for execution
- Requesters can see a history of what they requested and was approved
- Approvers can see a history of what they approved
- SNMPv3 -- Support of AES-256 encryption
- Inventory for Brocade devices
- More devices supported natively (Palo Alto)
- Config Change Template Extensions: 'delay' command, string <-> number conversion
- Make downloaded configurations searchable for IP addresses with FTS enabled.
- Security enhancements of the Web UI
- Support for database encryption using MS SQL TDE.
NCM v7.2 is available for download in your customer portal for those customers under current SolarWinds NCM maintenance.
You can view the full set of release notes, including problems fixed here.
Enjoy NCM 7.2!