Interested in upgrading to SAM 6.2.1? Here’s all the information you might need to upgrade, and the steps you’ll need to take to do it quickly and easily.
Prepare your Upgrade
2. Review the system requirements and ensure your server is up to spec.
- For a quick shortcut if you have only SAM installed, this is the standard upgrade path: SAM 5.0 ⇒ SAM 6.1 ⇒ SAM 6.2
- To confirm which version of SAM you’re currently running, check the footer of any page on your Orion SAM Web Console.
- If you’re running NPM or any other modules with SAM, use the Product Upgrade Advisor tool to get an exact upgrade path to ensure you maintain compatibility while you upgrade.
To download the current version, and any previous versions you require, you’ll need to log into the customer portal. Once you’ve logged in, use the License management menu to select ‘My Downloads’.
Next, select the product you want to download
And under the Server Downloads section, you’ll see the latest release selected by default. If you need an earlier version for your upgrade path, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
Complete your Upgrade
- Log into your Orion SAM server using the Local Administrator account to perform the upgrade.
- Run the installations, in order, to upgrade your product - the upgrade can be installed 'on top' of your existing older version.
- If you’re unsure of what order to use for the upgrade use the Product Upgrade Advisor tool for guidance.
- You’ll find the upgrade instructions for Orion SAM here, and a wealth of documentation, including upgrade and installation guides for all our products here.
- Always complete the configuration wizard before moving on to the next step!
- Got additional polling engines? You'll need to upgrade each of them at each step in the upgrade path to ensure they maintain compatibility. Make sure you upgrade your main poller at each step first, then update the additional pollers to match, for that step of the upgrade. Again, always complete the configuration wizard before moving on to the next step or the next polling engine.
Got a question that wasn’t covered here? Try these resources for help: