In order to make the process of upgrading to NPM v11 as easy and seamless as possible, we have pulled together a number of resources to assist you.
The Benefits of Upgrading to NPM 11
- Benefits of Upgrading to NPM 11: In this 2-minute video, Rob Hock, SolarWinds group product manager, guides you through the newest features of NPM, deep packet inspection and analysis.
- Deep Packet Inspection and Analysis FAQs – view a compilation of questions and answers about NPM v11’s deep packet analysis sensors that have come up during our recent webcasts.
- Product Management Tech Drilldown on Deep Packet Inspection with Network Performance Monitor v11 webcast – view our recent product management webcast on demand
How to Deploy Packet Analysis Sensors
- Deploying Packet Analysis Sensors for NPM v11: An Overview
- How to Deploy Network Packet Sensors - Learn how to configure a span on a single port and a VLAN connected to multiple physical ports, deploy a NPAS, and configure the sensor to monitor specific applications across multiple network ports.
- SOLARWINDS LAB #16 SERVICE PACK 1: CONFIGURING SPAN PORTS, PACKET ANALYSIS AND NETFLOW CORRELATION - In this special SolarWinds Lab Service Pack episode, the Geeks answer viewer questions on an advanced topic: how-to analyze packet traffic using SPAN ports and how it correlates with NetFlow traffic data. They will be diagramming setup and monitoring topology, Leon will do a hands-on CLI configuration of SPAN ports, (including VLAN mirroring), and will also provide best practice recommendations for using Network Performance Monitor’s packet analysis together with NTA’s NetFlow monitoring.
- NPM v11 - PACKET ANALYSIS SENSOR DEPLOYMENT CONSIDERATIONS – in this blog, Rob Hock, group product manager, outlines some of the key deployment considerations for packet analysis sensors
- Packet Analysis Sensor Deployment Guide - The document guides you through deploying SolarWinds Packet Analysis Sensors to specific nodes that are discovered by your Orion-platform product. These sensors provide the data for the Quality of Experience dashboard in the Web Console.