Patch Manager uses Inventory tasks to pull information from your Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) servers and managed computers so you can view and report on that information from the Patch Manager Console. The WSUS Inventory task provides detailed information about WSUS server configuration, WSUS server statistics, basic computer inventory attributes, and so on. Data from the WSUS Inventory task populates reports in two categories:
- Windows Server Update Services
- Windows Server Update Services Analytics
In Patch Manager version 2.1, the following reports that are available in earlier versions of Patch Manager have become obsolete:
In Windows Server Update Services:
- Count of security updates released in 2008
- Critical Updates released in (2006-2008)
- Security (bulletins/Updates) released in 2008
- Updates released in (2006-2009)
- Windows Server (2000/2003) applicable critical updates released in (2007/2008)
- Windows (XP/Vista) applicable updates released in 2008
- Updates superseded by Windows XP SP3
In Windows Server Update Services Analytics:
- Computer details for MS08-067 or MS08-078
- Computers with failed MS08-067 or MS08-078 installations
- Computers in a selected group with approved update status details for (June-August 2008)
- Computers where MS08-067 MS08-078 MS09-001 (failed to install/is installed/is NOT installed)
- Computers where MS08-067 or MS08-078 is (not) installed
- Effective approvals by computer group for MS08-067 or MS08-078
- Effective approvals for MS08-067 MS08-78 MS09-001
However, you have the option to download these reports and import them in Patch Manager.
To download obsolete reports and attach them to the Patch Manager Console:
- Close all sessions of Patch Manager.
- Download the attached obsolete reports to your local drive.
- Open the downloaded reports.
- Copy the reports that you want to activate.
- Go to Patch Manager installation folder. For example, \\Program Files\SolarWinds\Patch Manager\Server\Templates\cmdb
- Paste the selected reports in the Patch Manager installation folder.
- Open Patch Manager Console.
- Expand Administration and Reporting > Reporting > WSUS Reports.
- Check if the copied reports are now available in the appropriate reports pane.
Once these reports are visible in the Patch Manager Console, you can view, customize, and create reports for your WSUS servers and managed clients.