We’re happy to announce the release of SolarWinds® Exchange Monitor, a standalone free tool that provides a view of your Microsoft® Exchange Server™ performance.
Exchange Monitor gives your team insight into metrics, services and Database Availability Group (DAG) status. This tool supports Exchange Server 2013 and 2016.
Metrics monitored by Exchange Monitor:
- Total Service IOPS (count)
- Host Used CPU (%)
- Host Used Disk (%)
- Host Used Memory (%)
- I/O Log Writes Average Latency (ms)
- I/O Log Reads Average Latency (ms)
- I/O Database Writes Average Latency (ms)
- I/O Database Reads Average Latency (ms)
- Outstanding RPC Requests (count)
- RPC Requests Failed (%)
Services monitored by Exchange Monitor:
- Active Directory Topology
- DAG Management
- Exchange Replication
- Information Store
- Mailbox Assistants
- Mailbox Replication
- Mailbox Transport Delivery
- Mailbox Transport Submission
- Service Host
- Unified Messaging
- Databases (count)
- Current Size (GB)
- Total DB Copies (count)
- Disk Free Space (GB)
- List of servers belonging to the DAG and their health status
Exchange Monitor gives you the ability to add as many Exchange Servers as you wish. Simply click the “Add Server” button and fill IP address/domain name and credentials. The only limitation when adding a new server is, that you cannot add 2 servers from the same DAG. Monitoring multiple servers from the same DAG can be achieved only with Server & Application Monitor (SAM).
Once you add a server to Exchange Monitor, it will load polling interval, metrics with thresholds and services to monitor from global settings. You can edit these settings locally – per server. When looking at server details page, click the COMMANDS button in the top – right corner and select “Manage Metrics”.
You can then fine-tune your thresholds for this server only. Here you can also turn off metric, if you do not wish to monitor it. When you do not monitor a metric, you will not get any notifications about this metric.
If an Exchange Server belongs to DAG, you’ll see Database Availability Group (DAG) resource on the server details screen. Bottom part of this resource contains information about all servers belonging to this DAG and their health status. You can inspect status of these servers by clicking on “Show All” button.
Hovering over these servers will give you additional information about Content Index State and Copy status of the databases assigned to this server.
What else does Exchange Monitor do?
- Allows you to add as many Exchange servers as you wish (with limitation to monitor only 1 server per DAG)
- Creates notification every time, when metric goes over threshold, service goes into non-running state or DAG is not healthy
- Can write all notifications into Event Log.
- Allows you to set your polling interval (how frequently you want to receive data from Exchange Server) per server
- Allows you to set thresholds, metrics to monitor and services to monitor per server
For more detailed information about Exchange Monitor, please see the SolarWinds Exchange Monitor Quick Reference guide here on THWACK®: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/docs/DOC-191309
Download SolarWinds Exchange Monitor: http://www.solarwinds.com/exchange-monitor