Citrix CloudBridge provides a unified platform that connects and accelerates applications and optimizes bandwidth utilization between branch offices and enterprise data centers and public clouds. One of the coolest features of Citrix CloudBridge (except Video caching, WAN virtualization, etc.) is WAN traffic optimization via data de-duplication, compression and protocol acceleration. This is really helpful if you have multiple remote offices which connect to your data center(s) over WAN where this kind of "WAN accelerator" can provide noticeable improvement of end user experience. The appliance can recognize the type of traffic and does continuous flow detection for WAN optimization. The result is reduced amount for connection and requests between thin client and data center (CloudBridge can send data in bigger chunks comparing to standard TCP communication).
As soon you have CloudBridge instance up and running, you will probably want to add to your existing network infrastructure monitoring to gain insight as to performance. SolarWinds collects and visualizes Citrix CloudBridge IPFIX records, thus enabling the customer to view real-time metrics, maintain historical reports, correlate metrics from the network data with thsoe from application data and configure alerts.
Network Traffic Analyzer can receive CloudBridge IPFIX protocol and show you the amount of accelerated traffic, type of TCP traffic and what IP address produces what traffic. \\
Here is how you can see NTA monitoring amount of data CloudBridge sends between instances over WAN where NTA shows you type of traffic coming/leaving the device and keeps historical data:
How to configure:
1) Get your latest NTA as part of BAP (Bandwidth Analyzer Pack) - Network Bandwidth Analyzer – Bandwidth Monitor | SolarWinds
2) Enable IPFIX Collector on your Citrix CloudBridge Appliance:
- Go to "Appliance Settings", click on "AppFlow".
- Select "Layer 4 (256) - TCP Ingress" templage data set and select 2 minutes time interval and click "Save"
- Add Collector, chose name, IP Address, port number 2055, enable your collector and click "Add"
3) Add Node Node in NTA - your CloudBridge IP Address and in 5 minutes you will see charts with IPFIX data from your instance.The results should look like this:
4) You need to add new application with specific CloudBridge protocol port (1494) in NTA
5) Go to NTA Summary page, click on your Citrix CloudBridge instance and NTA shows you top talkers, applications and domains for entire device.
Alternatively, you may try SolarWinds FREE NetFlow Analyzer | SolarWinds which is good for one-shot troubleshooting and "appflow" monitoring.