To receive updates on the Virtualization Manager roadmap, JOIN thwack and BOOKMARK this page.
We are currently working on Virtualization Manager 6.2 and beyond. Some of the items we hope to deliver:
- Stand-alone Virtualization module on Orion Platform. Once installed, you have a "Home" and "Virtualization" tab no NPM or SAM required, though they continue to ship with the virtualization support they have today.
- Application stack integration and visualization (e.g. visual mapping through the entire application stack to help identify root cause of performance and availability issues)
- Management resources to allow users to take simple actions in their virtual environment (e.g. Start/Stop/Reboot a VM, Take recommended resource correction (increase/decrease and reboot) as recommended by VM Sprawl, Take/Delete a snapshot)
- Better handling of Hot Fix installs for VMAN Appliance
- Add Costop % Counter (VMware)
- Out-of-the-box (OOTB) reports for VMAN on Orion
- Port remaining VMAN alerts to Orion
- Capture per VM HBA and per VM NIC data
- Add SAM Template for VMAN to SAM for monitoring VMAN (aka "who watches the watchmen")
- Support for VMware Tags
- Licensing usage and upgrade messaging improvements
- Support for vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA)
Disclaimer: Comments given in this forum should not be interpreted as a commitment that SolarWinds will deliver any specific feature in any particular time frame. All discussions of future plans or product roadmaps are base on the product teams intentions, but those plans can change at any time.
If you don't see what you are looking for here, you can always add your idea(s) and vote on features in our Virtualization Manager Feature Requests forum.