To receive updates on the LEM roadmap, JOIN thwack and BOOKMARK this page
(Updated March 2, 2015)
Following our 6.1 release of LEM (more info: Announcing General Availability of Log & Event Manager 6.1 - Better Config, and More!), we're back to work on more features and improvements. Some of these features will be included in our 6.2 release of LEM (more info: Log & Event Manager 6.2 and a Threat Intelligence Feed).
Obligatory disclaimer: Comments given in this forum should not be interpreted as a commitment that SolarWinds will deliver any specific feature in any particular time frame. All discussions of future plans or product roadmaps are base on the product teams intentions, but those plans can change at any time.
Here's what's on the top of our radar:
- Integrating IP reputation threat feeds, to provide better insight into events generated on the network that may be coming from known "bad actors" (similar to/part ofThreat Intelligence Feed)
- Agentless Windows Event Log connectivity (Agentless pull of event logs or log files)
- Support of Smart Card (PIV/PKI/CAC) Authentication
Also, the following ongoing/longer-term items:
- Ongoing performance investments in our core data processing
- Customers are sending more and more data to LEM, naturally, so we're investing some time in staying ahead of the curve.
- Ongoing investments in new connector development
- Continued customer feedback-driven fixes and updates
- Improvements to LEM upgrades ( things like Update paths for LEM Updates)
- Better integration with LEM and the Orion platform products (Integration: Log & Event Manager and Orion Platform)
- Connector building, generic connectors, and general data integration (Build Your Own Syslog Connectors, among others)
Be sure to let us know here, and in the Log & Event Feature Requests forum, if there are features you're really keen on. This list doesn't enumerate a lot of the features we're looking into for long term development and further releases, but we continually use Thwack as our biggest source of feedback.