Over the past 18 months we have expanded our product portfolio with products like Virtualization Manager and Storage Manager. As we make these expansions, a logical question our customers have asked us is “how do I place everything into a single console or pane of glass?” Within SolarWinds Orion, this can be accomplished very simply by following the below steps.
- Within the SolarWinds Orion web console go to Settings –> Manage Views.
- Select Network Summary Home –> edit and under Miscellaneous select Custom HTML and submit.
- Within the Virtualization Manager web console, navigate to the widget you want to embed and right click on the header –> select Get Widget URL as highlighted below.
- In the resulting pop-up windows, copy and paste the text from the second dialog.
- Go back to the Orion Orion web console and for the newly added custom HTML resource, click edit and paste the text you just copied above and rename the title of the resource appropriately. In this example I am embedding the Virtualization Manager Alerts widget.
- Once copied, click submit and voila, there you go. Virtualization Manager data right next to your Orion data within a single console
Here is another example showing Top N Clusters from Virtualization Manager.
If you want to do the same for SolarWinds Storage Manager or Profiler, Brian did a blog (Adding Profiler Views to Orion) previously on this that walks you through in detail on how to do this for older Profiler customer (pre-5.0). With the release of Storage Manager 5.0, the team created an integration plug-in for the Orion web console. This works similar as to how the NCM integration plug-in does today. If you want to read more on how to enable the plug-in integration, see here, but you can also view a screenshot of how this looks below.
If you own Profiler or if you have Storage Manager and prefer another method, I put together a brief example here on how to wrap a Profiler/Storage Manager view in an iframe. You follow the same steps I walked you through above for SolarWinds Virtualization Manager, except in Step 5 you insert an iframe instead. In Brian’s link, he provides you other URL’s to embed other Storage Manager views.
<iframe src="http://10.199.1.81/ExternalAuthenticationServlet?loginName=user&password=password&page=0" width="750" height="350"
It’s as simple as that to create a single pane of glass which shows all your Network, Systems/Apps, Virtualization and Storage data all in one place. If you own EOC or the Enterprise Operations Console, you can do the same thing as described above in Orion.