Thanks to everyone who participated in the Orion NTA 3.7 RC!! We’ve gotten a lot of great feedback in the RC forum and we’ll be going GA very (very) shortly, so stay tuned!
So, with 3.7 virtually out the door, it’s time to turn our attention to what’s next, and as you might expect, there’s already a lot of research and planning activity underway. I’ve included a list of features/enhancements below that we’re currently considering for the next release. Please remember to check back on this post over the next few months as there will likely be changes as we complete our planning cycle and move into development. If there are things you expected to see that aren’t on the list, please let us know!
- Scalability and performance
- We’ve made significant improvements in this area over the past couple of releases and our goal is to continue on this path
- Expansion of traffic analysis capabilities
- Provide endpoint-centric (non-NetFlow source) versions of Top XX Conversations, Top XX Applications, and Top XX Protocols resources for placement on node details views. E.g. Place Top XX Conversations on APM server view to see conversations to/from that server.
- Huawei NetStream support
- BGP AS support
- More out-of-the-box reports
- Visualization and usability
- Allow users to create a filtered network-wide summary view versus having to choose a particular source device and interface(s)
- Allow users to leverage filtered network-wide summary view as results from search (versus having to choose specific endpoints/hosts and then adjust timeframes to see data)
- Allow Traffic View Builder views to be easily saved for quick access at a later time
- Enable grouping and filtering of nodes and interfaces in the NetFlow Sources resource similar to the All Nodes resource
- Start backend work on IPv6
- As noted in our Worried about IPv4 Armageddon? – How we’re addressing IPv6 in Orion post, our goal is to continue working towards IPv6 support across our product line. We won’t get there all in one release, so this is the first phase.
PLEASE NOTE: We are working on these items based on this priority order, but this is NOT a commitment that all of these enhancements will make the next release. We are also working on a number of other smaller features in parallel. If you have comments or questions on any of these items (e.g., how would it work?) or would like to be included in a preview demo, please let us know!