Since we released NPM 9.5 I have seen a couple posts on thwack and had multiple users ask me, “Those new hover over pop ups over nodes and interfaces are awesome, but….can I customize them?” The answer is yes you can, however, this is at a global level and there are only certain variables which can be added to the tooltips and they currently only apply to the hover over on maps. Here is what variables are available and how to apply them.
1. Log into the Orion Web Console
2. On the Home page select “Edit” on the Network Map Resource
3. At the bottom of the page click on “Customize Map Tooltips”
4. Enter the appropriate variables from the link above
5. Click submit and hover over your favorite node, interface or volume on a map and you should see that variable now available