Over the last 3-4 days, we have been discussing several revelations that came out of the SANS Security Survey 2013. We had a glimpse of how organizations used security reports, how well organizations were equipped to collect security data and correlate that for threat intelligence and more.
Now, that takes us to the final part of the findings:
- Satisfaction of organizations on their current Security Analytics & Intelligence capabilities
- Top IT Security investments planned by organizations for the future
IT SECURITY CAPABILITIES
Organizations tend to place too much focus on data protection, resulting in not monitoring the events logs on their network. Log messages like syslogs, server logs and system logs are the means to actionable result.
Typically, IT Security capabilities are measured based on these 3 factors:
- Ability to identify potential risks across your IT infrastructure
- Intelligence to identify anomalies and suspicious behavior in your network patterns
- Ability to respond in time
For this to happen, you need to have visibility across the security events on your network and the intelligence to correlate the suspicious activities.
But the mind-boggling results that came out of this survey were:
Need for a Security Solution
The above results clearly show the need for a strong security solution that would alert you when a specific security condition is encountered, troubleshoot issues and react to policy violations, perform event forensics and root cause analysis to identify suspicious behavior patterns and anomalies. This eventually leads to fact that organizations need to invest sensibly on secure their network, sensitive data and systems from potential threats and risks.
Here are some statistics that were revealed regarding the security investment intentions of the participant organizations.
How would an SIEM Solution help?
- Event correlation for event context and actionable intelligence
- Real-time analysis for immediate threat detection and mitigation
- Advanced IT search to simplify event forensics and expedite root cause analysis
- Built-in reporting to streamline security and compliance
SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM) is a powerful SIEM security software that is highly affordable and an easy-to-deploy virtual appliance. It helps you collect, correlate, analyze log data and alert you in real time. Also with its Active Response technology, you can automate the incident responses.
Join us at Las Vegas for SANS Network Security 2013
Are you already there? Well, look for us at Booth 14. We'll be the ones with awesome t-shirts, buttons, and giveaways! Make sure that you stop by, have a chat with us and also check-out our line-up of security products. That’s not all, meet our security experts and attend live product demos! Come, get geeky!!